Historic, remote and breath-taking, Rachol is a village of exotic, unspoilt beauty situated on the banks of River Zuari. This beautiful village has a little something for everyone, including the foodies. With visits like Our Lady of Snow, the oldest church of South Goa to an age-old monument that’s one of its kinds in Asia, Hidden hues of Rachol is a history-lover’s paradise. Get greeted with the smell of freshly baked bread and know the lesser-known facts about its making while visiting a local bakery. Stop to admire the church with a miraculous ring that has been the reason for crowd flocking from far and wide. Hop on a ferry to the village across the river to see a more serene unseen side of Goa and witness native Goan temples that were unperturbed during the Portuguese reign.
- Discover the real Rachol life, untamed by the restraints of civilization which will surely dazzle the urban city dweller.
- Witness religious contrast between the two villages separated by Zuari.
- Get insights of the old conquest of the Portuguese in Goa.
- Get greeted with the smell of freshly baked bread and know the lesser-known facts about its making on visiting a local bakery.
Get introduced to the lesser-known history of Rachol at Rachol fort.
Soak in ancient ruins at the oldest and one of the biggest seminaries in South Asia (when it was built).
Encounter the local bakers while they are intently making the famous Goan bread.
Stop at the Dockyard, an old port of Rachol popular for being the only way to carry the goods for trade.
Visit a church and know all about its unheard history.
The journey continues, this time on a river ferry to visit Kamakhya temple, where the deity is believed to have come down from Assam.
And lastly, a stopover at Mahamayya temple which was initially worshipped as an ant hill and now, the deity is given a human form.
What is included in the tour
- Safety Kit
- Snacks & Refreshments
- Guided Tour
- Trained Captain
- A Sling bag to carry your belongings
- Water bottle
- Safety Gear
- First Aid support
- Back up support in case of technical issue
- Personal Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverage
- 2-wheeler and LMV rentals
- Hotel pick up or drop off
- Please avoid bringing any plastic disposables to the island. And just in case if you happen to carry one, please take it back with you.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, it helps in riding.
- Carry sunscreen lotion and shades.
- The starting age to ride the Ebikes is 11+ years. Incase of children below the age of 11 or guest who are uncomfortable riding the Ebikes, separate arrangement can be made of Two/Four wheelers on paid basis. Prior Intimation is required to make arrangements.